Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers' Day

Poe is usually not my favorite, but I found this snippet in one of his poems: 

“…I feel that, in the Heavens above,
The angels, whispering to one another,
Can find, among their burning terms of love,
None so devotional as that of ‘Mother’…

... and it beautifully describes my feelings today. My heart is full today for every good woman who I know who radiates motherly love and who exemplifies those righteous principles found in The Family: A Proclamation to the World - who proudly and lovingly bear that "solemn responsibility to love and care for ... their children;" who willingly use those "divinely appointed" means that create mortal life, at the right time and in the right way, for their childrens' sakes, to give them "birth within the bonds of matrimony" and "happiness within family life"; who sacrifice to nurture their children at all the different stages of their lives while supporting their husbands in their roles of presiding, providing, and protecting.

Motherhood is hard. And I mean that about each of its stages – not just the wiping noses and tears and floors, but starting with the trying and waiting and losing part of motherhood. Today I want to give both my thanks and congratulations specifically to Robin Larsen DaltonMaria Soledad Escobar NelsonBrittany Dalton Bohman and Heather Dalton Zollinger (yes, you are both mothers), Sarah Gardiner, and Serena McMurdie: Happy Mothers' Day. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment